Do you know your skin protection alphabet? Learn the ABCDEFGs of mole detection so you can more easily identify the signs of skin cancer:
• Asymmetrical: an irregularly shaped mole.
• Borders: the borders/edges of the mole are uneven.
• Color: the mole is multi-colored.
• Diameter: the mole is larger in diameter than 6mm (about the width of the top of a pencil).
• Evolving: the mole has changed over time.
• Firm: the mole is harder than surrounding tissue and doesn't flatten if you press it.
• Growing: the mole is getting gradually larger.
When we hear, "alcohol" most people think of rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) or alcoholic beverages (ethanol). When employed in personal care products, it is often erroneously assumed that all alcohols are drying to the skin.