Do you know your skin protection alphabet? Learn the ABCDEFGs of mole detection so you can more easily identify the signs of skin cancer:
• Asymmetrical: an irregularly shaped mole.
• Borders: the borders/edges of the mole are uneven.
• Color: the mole is multi-colored.
• Diameter: the mole is larger in diameter than 6mm (about the width of the top of a pencil).
• Evolving: the mole has changed over time.
• Firm: the mole is harder than surrounding tissue and doesn't flatten if you press it.
• Growing: the mole is getting gradually larger.